Reacting to this centralised identity in combination with a adults-make-cool-things-for-the-kids programming and governance model the initiators in Alby wanted to do two things:
Establish a festival with an alternative narrative based in the identity of Alby-youth.
A festival created by youth, informally facilitated by older and more experienced peers. The full curatorial responsibility was with the engaged youth – safeguarding that the narrative was aligned with the identity of the place.
The project, carried by Fanzingo and led by two local project managers, was co-produced with the Municipality of Botkyrka (Culture department). The first and second iteration of the festival was produced at Subtopia, the third iteration moved into central Alby. Subtopia, through the Connected action for the commons-programme, financed the production of this mini documentary.
- Dear Sweden (You fucked up) at Almedalen 2016 - September 15, 2016
- Not really open – On the Swedish political week of Almedalen - July 13, 2016
- This is Alby: a documentary - May 23, 2016
- Subtopia publishes Klumpology: How a Cultural Incubator Works - March 20, 2016
- Building the city together - October 1, 2015