[dropcap]P[/dropcap]EGIDA’s name loosely translates to “Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamization of the West.” It has staged regular rallies in Dresden, with offshoots occurring in other German cities, where it protests against the German immigration system and its perception that radical Islam is gaining influence throughout Germany. PEGIDA has denied that it is xenophobic.
By Rafa Video Art channel.
- Refugees at Keleti Railway station in Hungary [PHOTO] - September 7, 2015
- VIDEO: People protested against extremist party in Brno, Czech Republic - May 29, 2015
- Video: extremist groups of nationalists march in Slovakia - May 10, 2015
- SHORT DOC: counter-demonstrators block PEGIDA rally - March 23, 2015
- Rioting for independence - March 18, 2015
- PHOTO STORY: Tomas Rafa in Donetsk and Luhansk - February 21, 2015
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Donetsk, October 2014 - January 17, 2015