During the press meeting held on January 5th by three biggest Polish trade unions (OPZZ, Solidarność, FZZ), the presidents presented a list of topics which are necessary to be included in the government-unions negotiation process:
- rapid increase in the minimum wage up to a level of 50% of the average wage in the national economy,
- introduction of the minimum wage per hour regardless of the form of employment,
- withdrawal of anti-worker amendments to the Labour Code relating to the working time and the introduction of the principle of concluding the contract of employment in writing before you start.
- elimination of junk contracts and pathological self-employment,
- unlocking of the salary increase for employees of the state and local government sector,
- withdrawal of the increased retirement age regulation and the introduction of the right to shorten the common retirement age for insured persons who are the holders of: 35-year (for women) and 40-year (for men) contribution periods and minimum retirement capital guaranteeing the future performance at a level not less than the minimum pension,
- introduction of an effective state policy aimed at creating sustainable jobs keeping workers from poverty,
- unlocking of the basis for calculation of the workplace social fund,
- creation and enforcement of an efficient program against poverty and social exclusion, including an increase of the income threshold entitling to family benefits and social assistance,
- restoration of the State’s responsibility for the health of its citizens,
- more fair distribution of the national income through, for example, an increase in the tax progression,
- introduction of systemic changes in the social dialogue in accordance with the expectations of the social partners.
By Lewica facebook page.