– A few days ago, an anti-choice association brought a proposal for an even more restrictive antiabortion law than we currently have to the Polish Parliament. Polish Prime Minister Beata Szydło, influenced by a statement of Polish Catholic bishops, announced support for the draconian project. At the same time, opinion polls show that 50,9% of Poles want the current anti-abortion law to be liberalized and only 20% support the extremist Catholic project – says Agata Diduszko-Zyglewska, an activist, journalist and a member of Krytyka Polityczna.
The rallies were organized by the leftwing Razem party under the slogan “No to torturing women in Poland”.
- IN PICTURES: Thousands protest against government in Poland - December 19, 2016
- “We are and will be in Europe” [Warsaw: 07.05] - May 9, 2016
- Street protests in Poland against proposed total abortion ban - April 4, 2016
- Protesters rally against PiS government in Poland - March 15, 2016