For months a great number of NGO’s, intellectuals and new formed alliances such as ‘The Committee for the Defence of Democracy (KOD)’ are protesting against the ongoing breaches of the Polish Constitution by the recently elected PiS-government. Protesters are taking issues with laws threatening the independence of the judiciary, media and other public areas. The developments show astonishing similarities to Austria’s so-called “Wenderegierung” from 2000-2005 under participation of the right-wing Freedom Party.
- Peter Pomerantsev: Putin is like a Che Guevara T-shirt [Interview] - September 16, 2016
- Russia Feels Threatened - September 1, 2016
- Sierakowski: The UK can do without the EU, but the EU can’t do without the UK - June 27, 2016
- Poland, another ‘illiberal democracy’? - March 30, 2016
- Patterns of illiberalism in Central Europe [interview] - March 7, 2016
- Message to my country: Refugees are victims of terrorism, not its source [Sierakowski] - November 15, 2015
- The Return of Jarosław Kaczyński - October 29, 2015